Don`t link Bihar with 13/7 terrorists: Nitish
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Tuesday reacted strongly to the Maharashtra Police linking Bihar with the terrorists involved in the 13/7 Mumbai serial blasts, saying it was "highly objectionable" to link any state or place with criminals.
"It is wrong to link Bihar with terrorists involved in the 13/7 blasts in Mumbai. Any place or state has nothing to do with the crimes committed by some people," Nitish Kumar told newspersons here Tuesday.
"In this case Bihar was linked with terrorists involved in 13/7 serial blasts in Mumbai. It is not proper," Kumar said.
He said linking Bihar with terrorists involved in 13/7 serial blasts in Mumbai is to "defame" the state. "It will give a bad name to Bihar despite the fact that the state has no role in crimes committed by some people," he said.
Maharashtra ATS on Monday claimed to have made a major breakthrough in the July 13, 2011, triple blasts that claimed 27 lives, with the arrest of two people hailing from Bihar.
Naqi Ahmed Wasi Ahmed Sheikh (22) and Nadeem Akhtar Ashfaq Sheikh (23), both from Bihar`s Darbhanga district, were arrested on Jan 12. The mastermind of the crime Yasin Bhatkal, a top Indian Mujahideen operative, and the planters of the IEDs used in the blasts are still evading arrest, Anti-Terrorism Squad chief Rakesh Maria told reporters.
Maria said while Naqi came to Mumbai in September 2010, Nadeem, his co-villager, from Darbhanga district, was living in Antop Hill area of the city.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference