DSP among 12 injured in violence by students
Madhubani: Twelve persons, including a DSP, were injured and dozens of vehicles torched by stone-pelting students demanding CBI probe into the mysterious disappearance of a student, as police fired in the air to control the situation here on Friday.
Students took out procession from RK College premises demanding arrest of the culprits and CBI probe into the mysterious disappearance of Prashant Kumar (17) from Indian Public School last month, police said.
The protestors turned violent as they reached near civil court premises and started pelting stones at a prisoners` van, SP P Saurabh Kumar said.
They let out the prisoners before setting it on fire, the SP said.
The students later marched towards the district collectorate and nearby government hospital where they tore down hoardings and banners of the government, he said.
Upon reaching town police station, the students pelted stones at the police station premises before setting on fire dozens of vehicles parked there, Kumar said.
At least 12 persons, including Deputy Superintendent of Police, Headquarters, S Khalifa and three constables, sustained injuries in heavy stone pelting by the protesters.
The injured were admitted to hospital.
To control the situation, police burst teargas shells and fired in the air, Kumar said.
Additional policemen with anti-riot vehicles were deployed in the town.
The students were demanding arrest of District Project Officer, Education, Jagpat Chaudhary, education department employee Narayan Jha and teacher Bechan Jha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof