DSP among 12 injured in violence by students
Madhubani: Twelve persons, including a DSP, were injured and dozens of vehicles torched by stone-pelting students demanding CBI probe into the mysterious disappearance of a student, as police fired in the air to control the situation here on Friday.
Students took out procession from RK College premises demanding arrest of the culprits and CBI probe into the mysterious disappearance of Prashant Kumar (17) from Indian Public School last month, police said.
The protestors turned violent as they reached near civil court premises and started pelting stones at a prisoners` van, SP P Saurabh Kumar said.
They let out the prisoners before setting it on fire, the SP said.
The students later marched towards the district collectorate and nearby government hospital where they tore down hoardings and banners of the government, he said.
Upon reaching town police station, the students pelted stones at the police station premises before setting on fire dozens of vehicles parked there, Kumar said.
At least 12 persons, including Deputy Superintendent of Police, Headquarters, S Khalifa and three constables, sustained injuries in heavy stone pelting by the protesters.
The injured were admitted to hospital.
To control the situation, police burst teargas shells and fired in the air, Kumar said.
Additional policemen with anti-riot vehicles were deployed in the town.
The students were demanding arrest of District Project Officer, Education, Jagpat Chaudhary, education department employee Narayan Jha and teacher Bechan Jha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands