DSP in casual dress at arrival of martyrs body, report sought
Patna: The Bihar police headquarters on Thursday sought a report on a Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) who was in casual dress while making arrangements for arrival of bodies of martyr jawans at the airport here last night.
Inspector General of Police of Patna zone Sushil Khorpade ordered Patna Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Manu Maharaj to probe the issue and report to him on the conduct of DSP (Sachivalaya) Manish Kumar.
Jai Prakash Narayan Airport here falls under the jurisdiction of the DSP (Sachivalaya).
Video footage in TV channels and still pictures in newspapers here today showed the DSP moving around at the airport in a T-shirt and track paint with a cap twisted backward while supervising arrangements for arrival of bodies of four jawans who were killed by Pakistani soldiers in Jammu and Kashmir.
"I have asked SSP Patna to go through the video footage on the DSP and seek his statement and report to me," Khorpade said.
The IG said though no time frame has been given for submission of report the SSP has been told to do it at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre