Dussehra celebrated with traditional fervour in Bihar
Patna: Dussehra festival was on Sunday
celebrated with traditional fervour and gaiety in the state
capital and elsewhere in Bihar.
The devotees offered prayers to goddess Durga at
various pandals on the occasion of Vijaya Dashami to mark the
end of the festival.
The immersion of the idols of goddess Durga and other
deities commenced simultaneously throughout the state.
Later in the evening, the effigy of Ravana, his son
Meghnad and others were burnt across the state to mark the
victory of good over evil.
In Patna, a 70-feet high effigy of Ravana was set on
fire by the devotees at the Gandhi Maidan at a function
attended by Governor Kunwar Devanand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened