Dussehra celebrated with traditional fervour in Bihar
Patna: Dussehra festival was on Sunday
celebrated with traditional fervour and gaiety in the state
capital and elsewhere in Bihar.
The devotees offered prayers to goddess Durga at
various pandals on the occasion of Vijaya Dashami to mark the
end of the festival.
The immersion of the idols of goddess Durga and other
deities commenced simultaneously throughout the state.
Later in the evening, the effigy of Ravana, his son
Meghnad and others were burnt across the state to mark the
victory of good over evil.
In Patna, a 70-feet high effigy of Ravana was set on
fire by the devotees at the Gandhi Maidan at a function
attended by Governor Kunwar Devanand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO