Dwindling ratio of girl child will lead to social imbalance
Patna: Chairman of Bihar legislative council Tarakant Jha on Thursday expressed concern over dwindling ratio of girls and said that it would lead to social imbalance.
Addressing a seminar jointly organised by two well known non-government organisations +MAMTA+ and +NIDAN+ on the subject +Bal Vivah Samasya aur Nidan+ (Problems of child marriage and its remedy), Jha said that child marriage was a curse on society and said that incidence of child marriage had come down but was still prevalent in rural areas.
He said that the entire country had taken a lesson from the state government`s endevour towards women empowerment and added that there was an old adage -- Bengal pahle sochta hai aur phir desh anusran karta hai ( Bengal thinks first and entire country follow suit).
Now the expression has changed to -- Bihar pahle sochata hai aur Karta aur phir poor desh uska anusaran karta hai ( Now Bihar thinks first and the entire country follows Bihar), the Council chairman said adding that other states too had taken a cue from chief minister Nitish Kumar`s project of Bicycle scheme.
Jha asked the two organistions to organise such seminars in rural areas so that lower strata of the society could also be benefitted.
Chairperson of Child Protection and Women Empowerment and MLC Kiran Ghai while addressing the seminar said that Child Marriage was one of the main blocks in the deveoplment of women that constitute 50 per cent of courty`s total population and added that to check this menace the old Sharda-Act of 1929 was not sufficient to check child marriage.
The seminar was also addressed by working director of MAMTA Sunil Mehra and European Union representative MS Allen Pederson.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi