Easterly winds shrink heat wave conditions over Bihar
Patna: Heat wave conditions subsided over Patna and parts of Bihar after moisture laden easterly winds brought down the soaring temperatures by a few degree Celsius.
Slight rainfall was also recorded at a few places in northeastern parts of the state.
Patna recorded a maximum of 39.4 degree Celsius, which provided respite to the residents from a long spell of temperatures hovering between 41 to 43.5 degrees. Fast easterly wind gave a pleasant feel to the people.
"Fast easterly winds with speed between six and 10 knots per hour or 10.8 kilometres and 18 kilometres per hour have been noticed over a large part of Bihar.
"Gustiness was also witnessed at times with the speed touching 20 knots or around 36 kilometres per hour. This easterly brought down the temperature over the state capital," said a weather official.
Northeastern parts of Purnia, Katihar, Supaul, Araria and Kishanganj Bihar witnessed slight rainfall which cooled down the weather. Purnia recorded rainfall of around 3 centimetres and a maximum temperature of 35.7 degree Celsius.
However, the hilly, rocky district of Gaya remained the hottest in Bihar with a maximum temperature of 42.5 degrees while Bhagalpur recorded a maximum of 41.2 degrees.
The weather department has forecast mix weather for Bihar over the next 24 hours.
There could be thunderstorm or thunder squall at isolated places in the state including its eastern and northeastern parts. On the other hand, clear sky and blazing sun will prevail over the Gangetic plains of western and central Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog