EC for random checking of VIPs vehicles during Bihar LS polls
Patna: The Election Commission has said that vehicles of top politicians and other VIPs would be randomly checked during the Lok Sabha polls for cash or other items of inducement as part of its measure to implement the election Code of Conduct.
"The EC has clarified that its Static Surveillance Teams and Flying Squads can randomly check vehicles belonging to top political persons or VIPs for carrying cash or other items of inducement in view of the Supreme Court judgment of 2012," Additional CEO R Lakshmanan told reporters.
Lakshmanan said in case of information regarding presence of abnormal cash in any house or offices, section 102 of the Criminal Procedure Code may be invoked for conducting searches.
The EC has also decided to launch a massive voter awareness campaign through government schools in Bihar with the help of the state education department.
Over 74,000 government schools in the state are being provided money to encourage the children to get a pledge signed by their parents that they would cast their vote to uphold democratic traditions.
The pledge would be administered on the occasion of the Bihar Diwas (Bihar foundation day) on March 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list