EC transfers six IAS, 10 IPS officials
Patna: In major administrative reshuffle at the behest of the Election Commission ahead of assembly election in Bihar, the state government on Monday notified transfer of six IAS officials, including five District Magistrates and 10 senior IPS officials, including three SPs.
According to a notification issued by the state Personnel and Administrative Reforms department, Vivek Kumar Singh was made new commissioner of Tirhut division. Besides, District Magistrates of Vaishali, West Champaran, Saran, Lakhisarai and Munger districts were removed.
Senior IAS officers B Rajendra, P S Meena, Sridhar Cheribolu, Kuldip Narayan and Divesh Sehra were made new district magistrates of West Champaran, Munger, Vaishali,
Saran and Lakhisarai districts, respectively.
Similarly, the IG (Tirhut zone) Gupteshwar Pandey was removed and transferred to state police headquarters, a separate notification issued by the state Home department said. Praveen Bashishtha would be new IG in place of Pandey, it said, adding DIG (Champaran range) Umesh Kumar too was shifted and Anupama S Nilekar was posted in his place.
Similarly, SPs of Madhubani, Kishanganj and Naugachchia were also removed. Ajitabh Kumar would be new SP of Madhubani, Pankaj Kumar Raj of Kishanganj, while Vivek Kumar would be new SP of Naugachhia, the notification said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers