EC transfers six IAS, 10 IPS officials
Patna: In major administrative reshuffle at the behest of the Election Commission ahead of assembly election in Bihar, the state government on Monday notified transfer of six IAS officials, including five District Magistrates and 10 senior IPS officials, including three SPs.
According to a notification issued by the state Personnel and Administrative Reforms department, Vivek Kumar Singh was made new commissioner of Tirhut division. Besides, District Magistrates of Vaishali, West Champaran, Saran, Lakhisarai and Munger districts were removed.
Senior IAS officers B Rajendra, P S Meena, Sridhar Cheribolu, Kuldip Narayan and Divesh Sehra were made new district magistrates of West Champaran, Munger, Vaishali,
Saran and Lakhisarai districts, respectively.
Similarly, the IG (Tirhut zone) Gupteshwar Pandey was removed and transferred to state police headquarters, a separate notification issued by the state Home department said. Praveen Bashishtha would be new IG in place of Pandey, it said, adding DIG (Champaran range) Umesh Kumar too was shifted and Anupama S Nilekar was posted in his place.
Similarly, SPs of Madhubani, Kishanganj and Naugachchia were also removed. Ajitabh Kumar would be new SP of Madhubani, Pankaj Kumar Raj of Kishanganj, while Vivek Kumar would be new SP of Naugachhia, the notification said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls