EC transfers six IAS, 10 IPS officials
Patna: In major administrative reshuffle at the behest of the Election Commission ahead of assembly election in Bihar, the state government on Monday notified transfer of six IAS officials, including five District Magistrates and 10 senior IPS officials, including three SPs.
According to a notification issued by the state Personnel and Administrative Reforms department, Vivek Kumar Singh was made new commissioner of Tirhut division. Besides, District Magistrates of Vaishali, West Champaran, Saran, Lakhisarai and Munger districts were removed.
Senior IAS officers B Rajendra, P S Meena, Sridhar Cheribolu, Kuldip Narayan and Divesh Sehra were made new district magistrates of West Champaran, Munger, Vaishali,
Saran and Lakhisarai districts, respectively.
Similarly, the IG (Tirhut zone) Gupteshwar Pandey was removed and transferred to state police headquarters, a separate notification issued by the state Home department said. Praveen Bashishtha would be new IG in place of Pandey, it said, adding DIG (Champaran range) Umesh Kumar too was shifted and Anupama S Nilekar was posted in his place.
Similarly, SPs of Madhubani, Kishanganj and Naugachchia were also removed. Ajitabh Kumar would be new SP of Madhubani, Pankaj Kumar Raj of Kishanganj, while Vivek Kumar would be new SP of Naugachhia, the notification said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe