EGoM report on CBI unacceptable: Rudy
Patna: BJP on Monday said the EGoM`s submission to the Supreme Court on CBI autonomy was not acceptable to it as they wanted functional freedom for the central investigating agency.
The EGOMs-approved report including the rider that investigation of cases by CBI would be monitored by retired judges of superior courts is `unacceptable`, BJP national general secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters here.
"The report clearly suggests that the Centre wants to remote-control CBI to ensure survival of UPA government by arm twisting its allies to support it," he said.
"BJP would not like the agency to become Congress Bureau of Investigation," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand