EGoM report on CBI unacceptable: Rudy
Patna: BJP on Monday said the EGoM`s submission to the Supreme Court on CBI autonomy was not acceptable to it as they wanted functional freedom for the central investigating agency.
The EGOMs-approved report including the rider that investigation of cases by CBI would be monitored by retired judges of superior courts is `unacceptable`, BJP national general secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters here.
"The report clearly suggests that the Centre wants to remote-control CBI to ensure survival of UPA government by arm twisting its allies to support it," he said.
"BJP would not like the agency to become Congress Bureau of Investigation," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof