EGoM report on CBI unacceptable: Rudy
Patna: BJP on Monday said the EGoM`s submission to the Supreme Court on CBI autonomy was not acceptable to it as they wanted functional freedom for the central investigating agency.
The EGOMs-approved report including the rider that investigation of cases by CBI would be monitored by retired judges of superior courts is `unacceptable`, BJP national general secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters here.
"The report clearly suggests that the Centre wants to remote-control CBI to ensure survival of UPA government by arm twisting its allies to support it," he said.
"BJP would not like the agency to become Congress Bureau of Investigation," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split