Eight doctors to be arrested for negligence
Patna: Police have ordered the arrest of eight government doctors for negligence during the 2008 floods in Bihar, police said Thursday.
Araria Superintendent of Police S.W. Lande said he passed the orders after stumbling upon first information reports (FIRs) filed against them.
"Police will arrest the doctors and departmental proceedings will be initiated against the investigating (police) officers for lapses," Lande said.
The cases were lodged under the Bihar Essential Services Maintenance Act (BESMA) after the doctors were found absent from work during the 2008 devastating floods.
It was the worst floods the state saw in 50 years. Nearly 500 lives were lost and over three million people were left homeless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea