Eight doctors to be arrested for negligence
Patna: Police have ordered the arrest of eight government doctors for negligence during the 2008 floods in Bihar, police said Thursday.
Araria Superintendent of Police S.W. Lande said he passed the orders after stumbling upon first information reports (FIRs) filed against them.
"Police will arrest the doctors and departmental proceedings will be initiated against the investigating (police) officers for lapses," Lande said.
The cases were lodged under the Bihar Essential Services Maintenance Act (BESMA) after the doctors were found absent from work during the 2008 devastating floods.
It was the worst floods the state saw in 50 years. Nearly 500 lives were lost and over three million people were left homeless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing