Eight doctors to be arrested for negligence
Patna: Police have ordered the arrest of eight government doctors for negligence during the 2008 floods in Bihar, police said Thursday.
Araria Superintendent of Police S.W. Lande said he passed the orders after stumbling upon first information reports (FIRs) filed against them.
"Police will arrest the doctors and departmental proceedings will be initiated against the investigating (police) officers for lapses," Lande said.
The cases were lodged under the Bihar Essential Services Maintenance Act (BESMA) after the doctors were found absent from work during the 2008 devastating floods.
It was the worst floods the state saw in 50 years. Nearly 500 lives were lost and over three million people were left homeless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS