Eight drown as boat capsizes in Bihar
Saharsa, Bihar: Eight persons, including five children, drowned when a boat capsized in a river at Samariaghat in Saharsa district, police said Thursday.
The small boat, with 12 persons on board, was sailing to the other side when it turned upside down last night.
While four persons swam to safety, the rest eight drowned, police said.
Six bodies were fished out this morning while local divers were pressed to trace the remaining two.
The victims were returning home after attending a feast on the other side of the river.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- British Council employee under fire over Prince George remarks
- British convert to Islam 'Jihadi Jack' denies joining ISIS
- Rio Olympics: Saina Nehwal seeded 5th, PV Sindhu 9th for the 2016 Games
- Volkswagen gets preliminary approval for US diesel settlement
- Parliament passes bill to allow kids below 14 to be engaged in 'home-based work'