Eight drown as boat capsizes in Bihar
Saharsa, Bihar: Eight persons, including five children, drowned when a boat capsized in a river at Samariaghat in Saharsa district, police said Thursday.
The small boat, with 12 persons on board, was sailing to the other side when it turned upside down last night.
While four persons swam to safety, the rest eight drowned, police said.
Six bodies were fished out this morning while local divers were pressed to trace the remaining two.
The victims were returning home after attending a feast on the other side of the river.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday