Eight drown as boat capsizes in Bihar
Saharsa, Bihar: Eight persons, including five children, drowned when a boat capsized in a river at Samariaghat in Saharsa district, police said Thursday.
The small boat, with 12 persons on board, was sailing to the other side when it turned upside down last night.
While four persons swam to safety, the rest eight drowned, police said.
Six bodies were fished out this morning while local divers were pressed to trace the remaining two.
The victims were returning home after attending a feast on the other side of the river.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Sensex extends losses for 3rd straight session on US rate hike concerns
- China-Pak Economic Corridor will not benefit locals in the region: Defence Expert
- SC to hear Delhi government's challenge of HC verdict in favour of L-G
- BJP calls on Centre, Bihar to join hands to resolve flood-linked crisis
- Karan Johar to reveal 'first phase' of Ranbir Kapoor starrer 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' tomorrow