Eight Naxalites arrested in Bihar
Patna: Police on Friday arrested eight
Naxalites from various parts of the state, including six from
the naxal-infested Gaya district.
Gaya`s Superintendent of Police (SP) Ratnamani Sanjeev
said that six Naxalites were arrested from a hideout in Gabeia
village under Barachatti police station area.
Five of the arrested naxalites were identified as
Manoj Yadav, Arjun Yadav, Ramswarup Yadav, Bindeshwar Yadav
and Prabhu Yadav, he said.
All of them were wanted in connection with their
involvement in various naxal activities in the region.
A Naxalite, identified as Brahmdev was arrested from
Bhartpura village under Dulhin Bazar police circle area in
Patna district, while another ultra, identified as Tribhuvan
Sahni was nabbed from Kairwa village under Kudhni police
station area in Muzaffarpur district and a pistol was seized
from his possession, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa