Eight quintal ganja seized, six smugglers held in Bihar
Bhagalpur: The Special Task Force (STF) and district police today seized eight quintal ganja valued at Rs 20 lakh and arrested six smugglers of an inter-state gang in Bihar`s Bhagalpur district, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of the STF and local police successfully chased down two cars at Aliganj chowk and seized eight quintals of ganja from the two vehicles, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Rajesh Kumar said.
Six smugglers, five of whom were from Jharkhand and another hailing from Bihar`s Bhagalpur district, travelling in the two cars were arrested for possession of the contraband consignment valued at Rs. 20 lakh in international market, he said.
Rs. One lakh cash and four mobile phones have been seized from these smugglers who were being interrogated about network of contraband smuggling in the district and adjoining area, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player