Eight quintal ganja seized, six smugglers held in Bihar
Bhagalpur: The Special Task Force (STF) and district police today seized eight quintal ganja valued at Rs 20 lakh and arrested six smugglers of an inter-state gang in Bihar`s Bhagalpur district, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of the STF and local police successfully chased down two cars at Aliganj chowk and seized eight quintals of ganja from the two vehicles, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Rajesh Kumar said.
Six smugglers, five of whom were from Jharkhand and another hailing from Bihar`s Bhagalpur district, travelling in the two cars were arrested for possession of the contraband consignment valued at Rs. 20 lakh in international market, he said.
Rs. One lakh cash and four mobile phones have been seized from these smugglers who were being interrogated about network of contraband smuggling in the district and adjoining area, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!