Eight quintal ganja seized, six smugglers held in Bihar
Bhagalpur: The Special Task Force (STF) and district police today seized eight quintal ganja valued at Rs 20 lakh and arrested six smugglers of an inter-state gang in Bihar`s Bhagalpur district, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of the STF and local police successfully chased down two cars at Aliganj chowk and seized eight quintals of ganja from the two vehicles, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Rajesh Kumar said.
Six smugglers, five of whom were from Jharkhand and another hailing from Bihar`s Bhagalpur district, travelling in the two cars were arrested for possession of the contraband consignment valued at Rs. 20 lakh in international market, he said.
Rs. One lakh cash and four mobile phones have been seized from these smugglers who were being interrogated about network of contraband smuggling in the district and adjoining area, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama
- Google honours legendary singer Mukesh with a doodle on 93rd birth anniversary
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva