Eight quintal ganja seized, six smugglers held in Bihar
Bhagalpur: The Special Task Force (STF) and district police today seized eight quintal ganja valued at Rs 20 lakh and arrested six smugglers of an inter-state gang in Bihar`s Bhagalpur district, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of the STF and local police successfully chased down two cars at Aliganj chowk and seized eight quintals of ganja from the two vehicles, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Rajesh Kumar said.
Six smugglers, five of whom were from Jharkhand and another hailing from Bihar`s Bhagalpur district, travelling in the two cars were arrested for possession of the contraband consignment valued at Rs. 20 lakh in international market, he said.
Rs. One lakh cash and four mobile phones have been seized from these smugglers who were being interrogated about network of contraband smuggling in the district and adjoining area, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre