Eight quintal ganja seized, six smugglers held in Bihar
Bhagalpur: The Special Task Force (STF) and district police today seized eight quintal ganja valued at Rs 20 lakh and arrested six smugglers of an inter-state gang in Bihar`s Bhagalpur district, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of the STF and local police successfully chased down two cars at Aliganj chowk and seized eight quintals of ganja from the two vehicles, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Rajesh Kumar said.
Six smugglers, five of whom were from Jharkhand and another hailing from Bihar`s Bhagalpur district, travelling in the two cars were arrested for possession of the contraband consignment valued at Rs. 20 lakh in international market, he said.
Rs. One lakh cash and four mobile phones have been seized from these smugglers who were being interrogated about network of contraband smuggling in the district and adjoining area, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- After 22 months, NASA regains contact with sun-watching STEREO-B spacecraft!
- Parents, beware: Your lack of involvement might be making your child obese!
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to inaugurate BRICS meet on arbitration
- Raveena Tandon 'honoured' to receive award from Dharmendra
- Earthquake in Delhi is trending – Here's why