Eight sentenced to life imprisonment in Bihar
Patna: Eight persons have been sentenced to life imprisonment in two different districts of Bihar on Wednesday.
Additional District and Session Judge-III of Darbhanga, Prabhu Dayal Gupta awarded rigorous life imprisonment to four persons in a five year old murder case in the district.
Deceased Sitaram Jha and his wife Kalpana Jha were shot dead by four persons at Ramkunj village under Singhwara police station of Bihar`s Darbhanga district in 2008.
All the four accused Shambhu Kahar, Haricharan Kahar, Upendra Kahar and Upendra Sahani alias Kharha Sahani had stormed into Jha`s house and shot him and his wife. The murderers were arrested later and sent to jail.
Gupta also ordered a fine of Rs 5000 to first three accused while fourth accused would have to pay a penalty of Rs 10,000.
In Madhepura district, four persons were awarded life imprisonment in the murder case of a teacher.
District and Session judge Manoj Shankar announced life imprisonment to four in the murder case of Uttar Kumar Rai, a resident of Goppara police station area.
The judge also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 each.
The accused had shot dead the teacher who was going on his motorcycle in a place under Udaikishunganj police station area last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach