Eight sentenced to life imprisonment in Bihar
Patna: Eight persons have been sentenced to life imprisonment in two different districts of Bihar on Wednesday.
Additional District and Session Judge-III of Darbhanga, Prabhu Dayal Gupta awarded rigorous life imprisonment to four persons in a five year old murder case in the district.
Deceased Sitaram Jha and his wife Kalpana Jha were shot dead by four persons at Ramkunj village under Singhwara police station of Bihar`s Darbhanga district in 2008.
All the four accused Shambhu Kahar, Haricharan Kahar, Upendra Kahar and Upendra Sahani alias Kharha Sahani had stormed into Jha`s house and shot him and his wife. The murderers were arrested later and sent to jail.
Gupta also ordered a fine of Rs 5000 to first three accused while fourth accused would have to pay a penalty of Rs 10,000.
In Madhepura district, four persons were awarded life imprisonment in the murder case of a teacher.
District and Session judge Manoj Shankar announced life imprisonment to four in the murder case of Uttar Kumar Rai, a resident of Goppara police station area.
The judge also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 each.
The accused had shot dead the teacher who was going on his motorcycle in a place under Udaikishunganj police station area last year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know