Elaborate security for Maoists `shutdown` in Bihar
Patna: Elaborate security arrangements are
being made in view of the two-day `shutdown` called by banned
CPI(Maoist) in Bihar from October 12 against Centre`s move
to "trample" its agitation with application of para-military
"We are making elaborate security arrangements in the
naxal-hit districts across the state to tackle the activities
of the ultras in Bihar," Additional Director General of Police
(ADGP - Headquarters) Neelmani said.
All the police stations in the naxal-hit districts of
Gaya, Nawada, Jehanabad, Nalanda, Aurangabad, Bhojpur, Rohtas,
Kaimur, Muzaffarpur, Sitamarhi, Darbhanga and Madhubani would
remain on high-alert to effectively tackle the naxalites, he
Extra security attention would be paid to protect the
vital installations, including property of railways,
considered a soft-target for the ultras, he said.
Additional companies of the Special Auxiliary Police
(SAP), Bihar military police, besides the available Central
para-military force personnel were being sent to the naxal hit
areas to assist the district armed police in operations
against the Maoists, Neelmani said.
The CPI (Maoist) spokesman for Bihar-Jharkhand-Orissa-
Chhattisgarh area informed the newspapers here about the
outfit`s plan for the `shutdown` to protest against the
Centre`s move to subdue their "revolutionary movement" with
the use of Central para-military force (CPMF) personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday