Elaborate security for Maoists `shutdown` in Bihar
Patna: Elaborate security arrangements are
being made in view of the two-day `shutdown` called by banned
CPI(Maoist) in Bihar from October 12 against Centre`s move
to "trample" its agitation with application of para-military
"We are making elaborate security arrangements in the
naxal-hit districts across the state to tackle the activities
of the ultras in Bihar," Additional Director General of Police
(ADGP - Headquarters) Neelmani said.
All the police stations in the naxal-hit districts of
Gaya, Nawada, Jehanabad, Nalanda, Aurangabad, Bhojpur, Rohtas,
Kaimur, Muzaffarpur, Sitamarhi, Darbhanga and Madhubani would
remain on high-alert to effectively tackle the naxalites, he
Extra security attention would be paid to protect the
vital installations, including property of railways,
considered a soft-target for the ultras, he said.
Additional companies of the Special Auxiliary Police
(SAP), Bihar military police, besides the available Central
para-military force personnel were being sent to the naxal hit
areas to assist the district armed police in operations
against the Maoists, Neelmani said.
The CPI (Maoist) spokesman for Bihar-Jharkhand-Orissa-
Chhattisgarh area informed the newspapers here about the
outfit`s plan for the `shutdown` to protest against the
Centre`s move to subdue their "revolutionary movement" with
the use of Central para-military force (CPMF) personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda