Elaborate security for Maoists `shutdown` in Bihar
Patna: Elaborate security arrangements are
being made in view of the two-day `shutdown` called by banned
CPI(Maoist) in Bihar from October 12 against Centre`s move
to "trample" its agitation with application of para-military
"We are making elaborate security arrangements in the
naxal-hit districts across the state to tackle the activities
of the ultras in Bihar," Additional Director General of Police
(ADGP - Headquarters) Neelmani said.
All the police stations in the naxal-hit districts of
Gaya, Nawada, Jehanabad, Nalanda, Aurangabad, Bhojpur, Rohtas,
Kaimur, Muzaffarpur, Sitamarhi, Darbhanga and Madhubani would
remain on high-alert to effectively tackle the naxalites, he
Extra security attention would be paid to protect the
vital installations, including property of railways,
considered a soft-target for the ultras, he said.
Additional companies of the Special Auxiliary Police
(SAP), Bihar military police, besides the available Central
para-military force personnel were being sent to the naxal hit
areas to assist the district armed police in operations
against the Maoists, Neelmani said.
The CPI (Maoist) spokesman for Bihar-Jharkhand-Orissa-
Chhattisgarh area informed the newspapers here about the
outfit`s plan for the `shutdown` to protest against the
Centre`s move to subdue their "revolutionary movement" with
the use of Central para-military force (CPMF) personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch