Election campaign for 4th phase of polls ends in Bihar
Patna: Campaigning for the fourth phase of Assembly Elections and Banka Parliamentary constituency concluded on Saturday evening.
Forty-two State Assembly constituencies will go to the polls in this phase on Monday.
By-election to Banka parliamentary constituency was necessitated following the death of sitting MP Digvijay Singh on the 24th June this year.
Leaders of different political parties were making last minute efforts to woo voters.
Stalwarts of different political parties including Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi, Senior Bharatiya Janata Party leaders Sahnawaz Hussain, Rajiv Pratap Rudy, Senior Janata Dal ( United) leader and Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Rashtriya Janata Dal chief Lalu Prasad Yadav, Lok Janshakti Party president Ram Vilas Paswan addressed a series of election meetings in different parts of the State.
Re-polling was held at Sugauli and Kalyanpur constituencies in East Champaran district, Baniyapur in Saran and Patepur in Vaishali district.
However, re-polling at one booth at Mahnar assembly constituency will be held on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics