Election campaign for 4th phase of polls ends in Bihar
Patna: Campaigning for the fourth phase of Assembly Elections and Banka Parliamentary constituency concluded on Saturday evening.
Forty-two State Assembly constituencies will go to the polls in this phase on Monday.
By-election to Banka parliamentary constituency was necessitated following the death of sitting MP Digvijay Singh on the 24th June this year.
Leaders of different political parties were making last minute efforts to woo voters.
Stalwarts of different political parties including Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi, Senior Bharatiya Janata Party leaders Sahnawaz Hussain, Rajiv Pratap Rudy, Senior Janata Dal ( United) leader and Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Rashtriya Janata Dal chief Lalu Prasad Yadav, Lok Janshakti Party president Ram Vilas Paswan addressed a series of election meetings in different parts of the State.
Re-polling was held at Sugauli and Kalyanpur constituencies in East Champaran district, Baniyapur in Saran and Patepur in Vaishali district.
However, re-polling at one booth at Mahnar assembly constituency will be held on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back