Election campaign for 4th phase of polls ends in Bihar
Patna: Campaigning for the fourth phase of Assembly Elections and Banka Parliamentary constituency concluded on Saturday evening.
Forty-two State Assembly constituencies will go to the polls in this phase on Monday.
By-election to Banka parliamentary constituency was necessitated following the death of sitting MP Digvijay Singh on the 24th June this year.
Leaders of different political parties were making last minute efforts to woo voters.
Stalwarts of different political parties including Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi, Senior Bharatiya Janata Party leaders Sahnawaz Hussain, Rajiv Pratap Rudy, Senior Janata Dal ( United) leader and Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Rashtriya Janata Dal chief Lalu Prasad Yadav, Lok Janshakti Party president Ram Vilas Paswan addressed a series of election meetings in different parts of the State.
Re-polling was held at Sugauli and Kalyanpur constituencies in East Champaran district, Baniyapur in Saran and Patepur in Vaishali district.
However, re-polling at one booth at Mahnar assembly constituency will be held on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Doomed EgyptAir flight broke up midair after fire: Report
- Pokemon Go daily used twice as much as Facebook
- Virat Kohli: Five incredible records set by India captain during 200-run knock
- In Gujarat, 95 of 100 suspects in crimes against Dalits acquitted
- Four people killed in Darjeeling building collapse