Election campaign for 4th phase of polls ends in Bihar
Patna: Campaigning for the fourth phase of Assembly Elections and Banka Parliamentary constituency concluded on Saturday evening.
Forty-two State Assembly constituencies will go to the polls in this phase on Monday.
By-election to Banka parliamentary constituency was necessitated following the death of sitting MP Digvijay Singh on the 24th June this year.
Leaders of different political parties were making last minute efforts to woo voters.
Stalwarts of different political parties including Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi, Senior Bharatiya Janata Party leaders Sahnawaz Hussain, Rajiv Pratap Rudy, Senior Janata Dal ( United) leader and Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Rashtriya Janata Dal chief Lalu Prasad Yadav, Lok Janshakti Party president Ram Vilas Paswan addressed a series of election meetings in different parts of the State.
Re-polling was held at Sugauli and Kalyanpur constituencies in East Champaran district, Baniyapur in Saran and Patepur in Vaishali district.
However, re-polling at one booth at Mahnar assembly constituency will be held on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you