Elephant tusk worth Rs. Ten lakh seized
Araria: Elephant tusk worth Rs ten lakh have been seized from a hotel in Forbesganj town in Bihar`s Araria district and one person has been arrested in this connection.
Acting on a tip-off, the police raided a hotel last night and recovered elephant tusk weighing 3.75 kg valued at Rs ten lakh in the international market, Superintendent of Police Shivdeep Lande said today.
Abdul Majid, an employee of a private construction company, has been arrested on charge of illicit possession of the elephant tusk, he said, adding a laptop and a mobile phone were also seized from him.
The accused told the police that he had brought the elephant tusk from Kolkata for sale in the local market in Araria district, Lande said, adding further investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof