Elephant tusk worth Rs. Ten lakh seized
Araria: Elephant tusk worth Rs ten lakh have been seized from a hotel in Forbesganj town in Bihar`s Araria district and one person has been arrested in this connection.
Acting on a tip-off, the police raided a hotel last night and recovered elephant tusk weighing 3.75 kg valued at Rs ten lakh in the international market, Superintendent of Police Shivdeep Lande said today.
Abdul Majid, an employee of a private construction company, has been arrested on charge of illicit possession of the elephant tusk, he said, adding a laptop and a mobile phone were also seized from him.
The accused told the police that he had brought the elephant tusk from Kolkata for sale in the local market in Araria district, Lande said, adding further investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what