Elephant tusk worth Rs. Ten lakh seized
Araria: Elephant tusk worth Rs ten lakh have been seized from a hotel in Forbesganj town in Bihar`s Araria district and one person has been arrested in this connection.
Acting on a tip-off, the police raided a hotel last night and recovered elephant tusk weighing 3.75 kg valued at Rs ten lakh in the international market, Superintendent of Police Shivdeep Lande said today.
Abdul Majid, an employee of a private construction company, has been arrested on charge of illicit possession of the elephant tusk, he said, adding a laptop and a mobile phone were also seized from him.
The accused told the police that he had brought the elephant tusk from Kolkata for sale in the local market in Araria district, Lande said, adding further investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen