Elephant tusk worth Rs. Ten lakh seized
Araria: Elephant tusk worth Rs ten lakh have been seized from a hotel in Forbesganj town in Bihar`s Araria district and one person has been arrested in this connection.
Acting on a tip-off, the police raided a hotel last night and recovered elephant tusk weighing 3.75 kg valued at Rs ten lakh in the international market, Superintendent of Police Shivdeep Lande said today.
Abdul Majid, an employee of a private construction company, has been arrested on charge of illicit possession of the elephant tusk, he said, adding a laptop and a mobile phone were also seized from him.
The accused told the police that he had brought the elephant tusk from Kolkata for sale in the local market in Araria district, Lande said, adding further investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH