Eleven kids die after eating mid-day meal in Bihar, probe ordered
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: In a tragic incident, at least eleven children died and over forty were taken ill after eating infected midday meal at a government school in Saran district on Tuesday.
According to reports, the incident took place in Dharamsati primary school in Masrakh in Saran.
Reports claim that over 50 children, belonging to the age group of 8 to 12 years, were served khichdi as part of the midday meal scheme.
However, shortly after that most of the kids started vomiting and their condition worsened.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has called an emergency meeting to discuss the situation. The Bihar government has also ordered a probe into the incident’
The Chief Minister has also announced a compensation of Rs 2 lakh each to the family of children who died.
Angry over the deaths, hundreds of people took to the streets in protest and surrounded the local police station demanding action against school teachers and officials responsible.
Meanwhile, forensic team has been rushed to the spot to take sample of the contaminated food and probe the incident.
The affected kids are being treated at nearby government hospitals.
Two teachers belonging to the Dharamsati primary school in Masrakh in Saran are absconding since the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi