Eleven kids die after eating mid-day meal in Bihar, probe ordered
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: In a tragic incident, at least eleven children died and over forty were taken ill after eating infected midday meal at a government school in Saran district on Tuesday.
According to reports, the incident took place in Dharamsati primary school in Masrakh in Saran.
Reports claim that over 50 children, belonging to the age group of 8 to 12 years, were served khichdi as part of the midday meal scheme.
However, shortly after that most of the kids started vomiting and their condition worsened.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has called an emergency meeting to discuss the situation. The Bihar government has also ordered a probe into the incident’
The Chief Minister has also announced a compensation of Rs 2 lakh each to the family of children who died.
Angry over the deaths, hundreds of people took to the streets in protest and surrounded the local police station demanding action against school teachers and officials responsible.
Meanwhile, forensic team has been rushed to the spot to take sample of the contaminated food and probe the incident.
The affected kids are being treated at nearby government hospitals.
Two teachers belonging to the Dharamsati primary school in Masrakh in Saran are absconding since the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened