Eleven kids die after eating mid-day meal in Bihar, probe ordered
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: In a tragic incident, at least eleven children died and over forty were taken ill after eating infected midday meal at a government school in Saran district on Tuesday.
According to reports, the incident took place in Dharamsati primary school in Masrakh in Saran.
Reports claim that over 50 children, belonging to the age group of 8 to 12 years, were served khichdi as part of the midday meal scheme.
However, shortly after that most of the kids started vomiting and their condition worsened.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has called an emergency meeting to discuss the situation. The Bihar government has also ordered a probe into the incident’
The Chief Minister has also announced a compensation of Rs 2 lakh each to the family of children who died.
Angry over the deaths, hundreds of people took to the streets in protest and surrounded the local police station demanding action against school teachers and officials responsible.
Meanwhile, forensic team has been rushed to the spot to take sample of the contaminated food and probe the incident.
The affected kids are being treated at nearby government hospitals.
Two teachers belonging to the Dharamsati primary school in Masrakh in Saran are absconding since the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145