Employment-oriented schemes needed for Mahadalits
Patna: Employment-oriented schemes were needed for the uplift of Mahadalits in Bihar, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Saturday.
"It has become imperative to link Mahadalit households with employment-oriented schemes for their uplift," the Chief Minister said at a meeting to review the schemes of the Mahadalit Mission.
Steps should be taken for increasing their sources of income by implementing schemes for landless farming, rearing goats, setting up dairies, besides commercial training.
Kumar emphasised on making more efforts for boosting the economic and social condition of Mahadalit families to bring them to the mainstream of the society.
The officials informed the Chief Minister about employment of 9,530 Vikas Mitras against 9,875 posts, besides status of land for Dalits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Mafia don's calls: Maharashtra minister hits back at AAP
- Digvijay Singh seeks judicial probe into fake Batla House encounter
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against Arvind Kejriwal govt, Centre on May 28
- Watch video: Baby bison is attacked by a wolf – what happens next will give you goosebumps!
- Kejriwal gives one week deadline to discoms to solve outages problem