Employment-oriented schemes needed for Mahadalits
Patna: Employment-oriented schemes were needed for the uplift of Mahadalits in Bihar, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Saturday.
"It has become imperative to link Mahadalit households with employment-oriented schemes for their uplift," the Chief Minister said at a meeting to review the schemes of the Mahadalit Mission.
Steps should be taken for increasing their sources of income by implementing schemes for landless farming, rearing goats, setting up dairies, besides commercial training.
Kumar emphasised on making more efforts for boosting the economic and social condition of Mahadalit families to bring them to the mainstream of the society.
The officials informed the Chief Minister about employment of 9,530 Vikas Mitras against 9,875 posts, besides status of land for Dalits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September