Encephalitis death toll rises to 227
Patna: Two more children have died of encephalitis in Bihar, taking the toll due to the disease in the state to 227 since May this year, an official said on Saturday.
One child each died at two hospitals in Muzaffarpur and Patna districts in the past 24 hours due to encephalitis, Additional Secretary (Health) RP Ojha told reporters.
Six new cases of encephalitis were detected in the hospitals, taking the number of such patients to 573, he said.
Health authorities have launched fogging in the encephalitis-hit districts and the exercise will be completed by July 15 next.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah