Encephalitis death toll rises to 227
Patna: Two more children have died of encephalitis in Bihar, taking the toll due to the disease in the state to 227 since May this year, an official said on Saturday.
One child each died at two hospitals in Muzaffarpur and Patna districts in the past 24 hours due to encephalitis, Additional Secretary (Health) RP Ojha told reporters.
Six new cases of encephalitis were detected in the hospitals, taking the number of such patients to 573, he said.
Health authorities have launched fogging in the encephalitis-hit districts and the exercise will be completed by July 15 next.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing