Encephalitis death toll rises to 227
Patna: Two more children have died of encephalitis in Bihar, taking the toll due to the disease in the state to 227 since May this year, an official said on Saturday.
One child each died at two hospitals in Muzaffarpur and Patna districts in the past 24 hours due to encephalitis, Additional Secretary (Health) RP Ojha told reporters.
Six new cases of encephalitis were detected in the hospitals, taking the number of such patients to 573, he said.
Health authorities have launched fogging in the encephalitis-hit districts and the exercise will be completed by July 15 next.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?