Encephalitis toll climbs to 44 in Bihar
Muzaffarpur: Two more children died on Sunday
due to encephalitis taking the toll to 44 in Bihar`s
Muzaffarpur district, officials said.
One child each died of the fever at Srikrishna Medical
College Hospital and Kejriwal hospital here, they said.
Twenty-four more children were undergoing treatment
for encephalitis at two hospitals in the district, they said.
Meanwhile, district magistrate SK Mall has
recommended to the state government to declare the outbreak of
encephalitis as an epidemic, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145