Encephalitis toll climbs to 44 in Bihar
Muzaffarpur: Two more children died on Sunday
due to encephalitis taking the toll to 44 in Bihar`s
Muzaffarpur district, officials said.
One child each died of the fever at Srikrishna Medical
College Hospital and Kejriwal hospital here, they said.
Twenty-four more children were undergoing treatment
for encephalitis at two hospitals in the district, they said.
Meanwhile, district magistrate SK Mall has
recommended to the state government to declare the outbreak of
encephalitis as an epidemic, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city