Encephalitis toll climbs to 44 in Bihar
Muzaffarpur: Two more children died on Sunday
due to encephalitis taking the toll to 44 in Bihar`s
Muzaffarpur district, officials said.
One child each died of the fever at Srikrishna Medical
College Hospital and Kejriwal hospital here, they said.
Twenty-four more children were undergoing treatment
for encephalitis at two hospitals in the district, they said.
Meanwhile, district magistrate SK Mall has
recommended to the state government to declare the outbreak of
encephalitis as an epidemic, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'