Encephalitis toll rises to 225 in Bihar
Patna: Encephalitis toll in Bihar since May this year rose to 225 following the death of four more children, official sources said on Friday.
Four more children died at the Sri Krishna Medical College and Hospital (SKMCH) and Kejriwal Charitable Hospital (KCH) at Muzaffarpur to take the Encephalitis toll in SKMCH and KCH to 157, the sources said.
52 children have died at the Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) and 11 at the Anugrah Narayan Magadh College and Hospital (ANMCH) at Gaya, Additional Secretary in the Health department, RP Ojha told reporters.
In Vaishali district five children have died of encephalitis, Ojha said said.
Another 121 children have been taken ill with symptoms of encephalitis and undergoing treatment at various hospitals, he said.
The state government has declared 10 districts as encephalitis-affected and set up mobile medical units equipped with ambulance to provide medical facilities to affected children, the health official said.
The state government has decided to provide a compensation of Rs 50,000 each to the kins of the encephalitis victims from the Chief Minister`s Relief Fund, he said, adding that an awareness campaign was organized among the people about encephalitis during pulse polio campaign.
The health department has set up a control room Telephone number (0612-2215506) which will open from 6 am to 8 pm for the benefit of the encephalitis patients and their families, Principal Secretary (Health) Vyasji said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?