Encephalitis toll touches 221 in Bihar
Patna: Encephalitis toll in Bihar has risen to 221 since May this year following death of 12 more patients on Thursday, official sources said.
Altogether 153 children have died due to symptoms of encephalitis in the Sri Krishna Medical College and Hospital (SKMCH) and Kejriwal charitable hospital in Muzaffarpur, while 52 children have died in the Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) at Patna, the Additional Secretary (Health) R P Ojha said.
Eleven other deaths due to encephalitis have been reported from the Anugrah Narayan Magadh College and Hospital (ANMCH) at Gaya, whle five others have died in Vaishali districts, he said.
As many as 558 cases of encephalitis were reported from Bihar since May this year of which 221 children have died and 123 others were undergoing treatment in various hospitals, Ojha said.
The health official said that the outbreak of the disease was likely to wane once the hot weather conditions dissipated following monsoon rains later this month.
Among the remedial measures, malathion fogging was being carried out in the encephalitis-affected districts, while in some other districts DDT fogging was going on under malaria and kalajar prevention campaign, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi