Encounter between Maoists, security personnel
Sasaram: Five Maoists were on Thursday arrested during an encounter between security personnel and the ultra-left cadre at Suarmanwa forest in Rohtas district of Bihar, police said.
The encounter lasted for about two hours in which the personnel of the joint team used about 100 rounds in retaliatory action after they were fired upon by the ultras,
Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj said.
There were blood marks at several places indicating that several Maoists may have sustained injuries in the encounter, Maharaj said.
A joint team of police, CRPF`s CoBRA unit launched the operation based on specific intelligence input, he said.
Three rifles, 25 detonators, 25 live cartridges, three magazines, one lathe machine and other materials used for processing weapons were seized, the SP said.
The arrested ultras have been identified as Jagdish Chero, Nandu Vishwakarma, Tikaram Chero, Uday Ram and Munni Chero, he said.
While Jagdish Chero was said to be a member of the Rohtas sub-zonal committee of the proscribed unit, Chandu Vishwakarma was belonged to Jharkhand and had expertise in
processing weapons, Maharaj said.
Combing and search operation in Suarmanwa forests were still on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi