Engine failure strands train in Bihar
Begusarai (Bihar): Thousands of passengers were stranded for more than two hours Tuesday when the engine of an express train from Delhi to Saharsa suddenly developed problem and stopped in Begusarai district of Bihar.
As Delhi-Saharsa Purbia Express left Begusarai station this evening, it developed mechanical problem and got stranded ahead of Tilrath station, sources in East Central Railway zone said.
A new engine replaced the problematic one and the train left on its onward journey, Mohan Sharma, Regional Manager of ECR said.
Train services were disrupted on down line of the Katihar-Barauni rail section due to the failure of engine, the GM said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Maheish Girri to file defamation case against Arvind Kejriwal?
- Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo sends Portugal to pre-quarters - All details here
- Salman Khan's 'raped woman' controversy: Here's what Nawazuddin Siddiqui has to say about his 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'
- Brexit: Emotions a key factor as the British EU referendum looms
- SCO Summit: India looks forward to fruitful outcome, says PM Narendra Modi