Ensure security to Union Ministers: Cong to EC
Patna: Accusing the Nitish Kumar government
of `ignoring` the security of its Union Ministers on election
tour in Bihar, Congress today asked the Election Commission to
ensure proper security for them.
"So far, the Nitish Kumar government has not paid due
attention to the security to be provided to our union
ministers on tour of the state," state Congress spokesperson
Prem Chandra Mishra told reporters.
"We have informed the Election Commission about the
problem and sought its intervention," he said.
He alleged that even senior ministers like C P Joshi and
Mukul Wasnik, who is also party`s Bihar affairs in-charge, had
not been provided with the security according to the status
they enjoyed during their recent visits.
Wasnik had to come to Patna from Samastipur after the
rally addressed by AICC General secretary Rahul Gandhi on
September four without proper security, Mishra claimed.
"Joshi who was on Bihar tour yesterday too did not find
adequate security for him," he alleged and asserted that
similar treatment was made with union ministers Sachin Pilot
and Jatin Prasada during their visit to the state recently.
"Bihar being a state where 33 out of the 38 districts are
Naxal affected and also in the wake of recent killing of
policemen by Maoists in Lakhisarai, immediate steps are
required to make fool-proof security arrangements for the
Central ministers visiting the state for campaigning," he
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Sushmita Sen is Farah Khan's 'best heroine'!
- IIT Guwahati student found hanging at hostel room
- Hyundai Motors cars fitted with defective air bags?
- Jayalalithaa seeks PM's intervention for release of 34 fishermen held by Lanka
- Indian Premier League, Match 27: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...