Even Modi could not have done much for me: Shahi
Patna: JD(U)leader PK Shahi, whose massive defeat in Maharajganj bypoll has put Chief Minister Nitish Kumar in a tight spot and emboldened RJD chief Lalu Prasad to ask him to quit, on Monday said even a campaign by Narendra Modi could not have done much for him.
"It was my defeat (in Maharajganj)," Shahi, who is state education minister, said on the sidelines of `Janata ke Darbar mein Mukhya Mantri` programme.
"Modi was no issue in the Maharajganj bypoll," he said.
"Even a campaign by Modi could not have done much for me," Shahi, a close confidant of Nitish Kumar, said
Shahi, for whom Maharajganj bypoll was first venture into electoral politics, said he got only one month time for the elections and could not properly manage the poll.
"There was no polling agent for me in as many as 400 booths," he said.
Asked whether he would again contest election from same constituency, Shahi, who served as Advocate General in the Nitish Kumar`s first term rule from 2005-2010, said it would be the party`s decision.
The defeat of Shahi by a massive 1.37 lakh votes in the hands of RJD Prabhunath Singh had given a stick to RJD president Lalu Prasad to beat his rival Nitish Kumar saying actually it was defeat of the Bihar Chief Minister whose governance was rejected by voters.
With a section of BJP leaders asserting that one of the reasons for defeat was JD(U) criticism of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi which hurt the sentiment of voters.
BJP general secretary Rajiv Pratap Rudy a day after the Maharajganj bypoll had said that Narendra Modi was required for JD(U) as much as for BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared