Ex-BDO held in Nawada
Nawada: A former Block Development Officer (BDO) was arrested on Sunday from a hotel in Nawada town on charge of embezzlement of public money under the Indira Awas Yojana (IAY), an official said.
Acting on a tip off, the police raided a hotel and arrested the former BDO Shyam Dev of Bela Block in Sitamarhi district in a case lodged against him for embezzlement of Rs. One crore under the IAY, the Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Sanjay Kumar said.
Dev is presently posted as the Executive Magistrate in Nawada district, he said.
Further investigation was going on, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Delhi horror: Pedophile held for sexually assaulting 600 girls
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre