Ex-BDO held in Nawada
Nawada: A former Block Development Officer (BDO) was arrested on Sunday from a hotel in Nawada town on charge of embezzlement of public money under the Indira Awas Yojana (IAY), an official said.
Acting on a tip off, the police raided a hotel and arrested the former BDO Shyam Dev of Bela Block in Sitamarhi district in a case lodged against him for embezzlement of Rs. One crore under the IAY, the Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Sanjay Kumar said.
Dev is presently posted as the Executive Magistrate in Nawada district, he said.
Further investigation was going on, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured