Ex-BDO held in Nawada
Nawada: A former Block Development Officer (BDO) was arrested on Sunday from a hotel in Nawada town on charge of embezzlement of public money under the Indira Awas Yojana (IAY), an official said.
Acting on a tip off, the police raided a hotel and arrested the former BDO Shyam Dev of Bela Block in Sitamarhi district in a case lodged against him for embezzlement of Rs. One crore under the IAY, the Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Sanjay Kumar said.
Dev is presently posted as the Executive Magistrate in Nawada district, he said.
Further investigation was going on, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'