Ex-Bihar minister Harihar Mahato to be cremated with full state honours today
Patna: Former Minister of Bihar Harihar Mahato, who died yesterday, will be cremated with full state honours on Wednesday.
He was a minister in Congress government of Bindeshwari Dubey and represented Cheriya Bariarpur assembly, official sources said.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, while condoling the death of Mahato said, that he dedicated his life for the upliftment of poor and downtrodden.
Kumar has announced that his last rites will be conducted on Wednesday with full state honour, Chief Minister Office said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!