Ex-BPCC chief quits Congress to join LJP, nominated from Khagaria
Patna: Congress received a setback in Bihar on Wednesday with its former state chief and AICC member Chaudhary Mehboob Kaisar quitting the party to join Lokjanshakti Party and was promptly nominated as the LJP candidate from Khagaria seat.
Kaisar, three time MLA from Simri Bakhtiayarpur in Khagaria district who was given the LJP membership by Ramvilas Paswan at the party headquarters today, said the NDA was marching towards capturing power at the Centre.
Asked if he considered BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi as secular, Kaisar said, "Though he cannot be condoned for the 2002 Gujarat riots, but today development is the key word...We shall move forward."
"Thousands of riots have taken place even under Congress rule and other parties...Pakistan which is an Islamic country also witnesses intra-faith strife," Kaisar, flanked by Ramvilas Paswan and his son Chirag Paswan, said.
He also referred to the apex court order giving a clean chit to Narendra Modi in connection with the Gujarat riots.
Kaisar and Ramvilas Paswan said secularism and communalism debate was nothing but a "chunavi hathkanda" (poll ploy) and asserted development and fighting the pressing problems facing the country like unemployment, price rise and security were the key words presently.
In the seat sharing between Congress and RJD, Khagaria seat has gone to the kitty of Lalu Prasad`s party, which came as a disappointment to Kaisar.
RJD has already nominated Krishna Yadav, wife of local strongman Ranbir Yadav, as its candidate from Khagaria.
In the seat-sharing tie-up between BJP and LJP, the Khagaria seat was given to LJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs