Ex-JD (U) MLA Ramparves Rai passes away
Patna: Former JD(U) MLA Ramparvesh Rai died of multiple organ failure late last night and was cremated Tuesday in his native Saran district, family sources said.
Rai, 50, died at a private hospital in Gurgaon late last night following multiple organ failure.
Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi and his predecessor Nitish Kumar have condoled his death.
He represented Chapra Assembly seat from 2004 to 2005 and from November 2005 to 2010, a release from the Chief Minister`s Office said.
Manjhi in his condolence described Rai as dedicated social worker. He spoke to his son and expressed deep felt condolence to the family, the release said.
Nitish Kumar described Rai as soft spoken and an efficient political worker who worked tirelessly for political participation of deprived sections of the society.
Kumar said in a statement that Rai always cared for development of his area.
A report from Chapra said that Rai was cremated on the bank of the Ganga in his native Saran district today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price