Ex-JD (U) MLA Ramparves Rai passes away
Patna: Former JD(U) MLA Ramparvesh Rai died of multiple organ failure late last night and was cremated Tuesday in his native Saran district, family sources said.
Rai, 50, died at a private hospital in Gurgaon late last night following multiple organ failure.
Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi and his predecessor Nitish Kumar have condoled his death.
He represented Chapra Assembly seat from 2004 to 2005 and from November 2005 to 2010, a release from the Chief Minister`s Office said.
Manjhi in his condolence described Rai as dedicated social worker. He spoke to his son and expressed deep felt condolence to the family, the release said.
Nitish Kumar described Rai as soft spoken and an efficient political worker who worked tirelessly for political participation of deprived sections of the society.
Kumar said in a statement that Rai always cared for development of his area.
A report from Chapra said that Rai was cremated on the bank of the Ganga in his native Saran district today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?