Ex-JD (U) MLA Ramparves Rai passes away
Patna: Former JD(U) MLA Ramparvesh Rai died of multiple organ failure late last night and was cremated Tuesday in his native Saran district, family sources said.
Rai, 50, died at a private hospital in Gurgaon late last night following multiple organ failure.
Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi and his predecessor Nitish Kumar have condoled his death.
He represented Chapra Assembly seat from 2004 to 2005 and from November 2005 to 2010, a release from the Chief Minister`s Office said.
Manjhi in his condolence described Rai as dedicated social worker. He spoke to his son and expressed deep felt condolence to the family, the release said.
Nitish Kumar described Rai as soft spoken and an efficient political worker who worked tirelessly for political participation of deprived sections of the society.
Kumar said in a statement that Rai always cared for development of his area.
A report from Chapra said that Rai was cremated on the bank of the Ganga in his native Saran district today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi