Ex-JD(U) minister named in killing of village chie
Ara: A case has been registered against four persons, including a former ruling JD(U) minister, in the killing of Ichri gram panchayat chief in Bhojpur district.
FIR has been lodged with Ayar police station against ex-minister Bhagwan Singh Kushwaha, a former mukhiya Nathuni Yadav and his two sons, Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) Shahabad Ajitabh Kumar said.
The FIR was registered on the statement of the deceased`s father Gupteshwar Singh, the DIG said adding the ex-minister has been named a conspirator in the case.
No arrest has been made so far, the DIG said adding the reason behind the killing was yet not known.
Mukhiya Binod Singh was shot dead by unidentified assailants last night at Ichri village in Jagdishpur sub-division when he was returning home.
The deceased was heading the Bhojpur district unit of Akhil Bhartiya Rashtriya Kisan Mahasangh (ABRKM), a body of upper caste landlords.
The opposition RJD today demanded a CBI inquiry into the killing of the Gram Panchayat chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea