Ex-JD(U) minister named in killing of village chie
Ara: A case has been registered against four persons, including a former ruling JD(U) minister, in the killing of Ichri gram panchayat chief in Bhojpur district.
FIR has been lodged with Ayar police station against ex-minister Bhagwan Singh Kushwaha, a former mukhiya Nathuni Yadav and his two sons, Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) Shahabad Ajitabh Kumar said.
The FIR was registered on the statement of the deceased`s father Gupteshwar Singh, the DIG said adding the ex-minister has been named a conspirator in the case.
No arrest has been made so far, the DIG said adding the reason behind the killing was yet not known.
Mukhiya Binod Singh was shot dead by unidentified assailants last night at Ichri village in Jagdishpur sub-division when he was returning home.
The deceased was heading the Bhojpur district unit of Akhil Bhartiya Rashtriya Kisan Mahasangh (ABRKM), a body of upper caste landlords.
The opposition RJD today demanded a CBI inquiry into the killing of the Gram Panchayat chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH