Excise Superintendent arrested for irregularity
Nawada (Bihar): The Excise Superintendent of Nawada was on Sunday arrested and sent to jail for irregularities in the tender process for liquor shop.
Police sources said that though the last date for submitting tenders for allocation of liquor shops was March 7, but in its violation bids were accepted on March 9 too.
On receiving complaint, District Magistrate got the matter probed and found the complaint against District Excise Superintendent Binod Kumar Jha true, the sources said.
A case was registered and Jha was arrested, they said.
Rs 22 lakh in cash was recovered from him has been deposited in the government treasury, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing