Excise Superintendent arrested for irregularity
Nawada (Bihar): The Excise Superintendent of Nawada was on Sunday arrested and sent to jail for irregularities in the tender process for liquor shop.
Police sources said that though the last date for submitting tenders for allocation of liquor shops was March 7, but in its violation bids were accepted on March 9 too.
On receiving complaint, District Magistrate got the matter probed and found the complaint against District Excise Superintendent Binod Kumar Jha true, the sources said.
A case was registered and Jha was arrested, they said.
Rs 22 lakh in cash was recovered from him has been deposited in the government treasury, they said.
- Agusta Westland chopper deal: Turning approver is out of question, says Italian middleman Christian Michel
- Google Chrome overtakes Internet Explorer to be crowned top web browser
- Delhi petrol pump staff allegedly dupe a guy and then say - "Our boss knows Kejriwal personally"
- This Carat keeps your phone battery healthy!
- Growth falls to 15-year low in Sub-Saharan Africa: IMF