Excise Superintendent arrested for irregularity
Nawada (Bihar): The Excise Superintendent of Nawada was on Sunday arrested and sent to jail for irregularities in the tender process for liquor shop.
Police sources said that though the last date for submitting tenders for allocation of liquor shops was March 7, but in its violation bids were accepted on March 9 too.
On receiving complaint, District Magistrate got the matter probed and found the complaint against District Excise Superintendent Binod Kumar Jha true, the sources said.
A case was registered and Jha was arrested, they said.
Rs 22 lakh in cash was recovered from him has been deposited in the government treasury, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Next steps for European Union after Brexit
- Libyan forces clash with militants in Sirte, 14 dead: Official
- Rahul Gandhi reacts to NSG setback: 'How to lose a negotiation by PM Narendra Modi'
- Pope denounces Armenian `genocide` in Yerevan visit
- University of Mumbai T.Y.B.Com Semester Six (75:25) Result 2016 declared on mu.ac.in