Excise Superintendent arrested for irregularity
Nawada (Bihar): The Excise Superintendent of Nawada was on Sunday arrested and sent to jail for irregularities in the tender process for liquor shop.
Police sources said that though the last date for submitting tenders for allocation of liquor shops was March 7, but in its violation bids were accepted on March 9 too.
On receiving complaint, District Magistrate got the matter probed and found the complaint against District Excise Superintendent Binod Kumar Jha true, the sources said.
A case was registered and Jha was arrested, they said.
Rs 22 lakh in cash was recovered from him has been deposited in the government treasury, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her