Expelled JD-U MP Ram joins Cong, calls Nitish`s functioning `Hitler-style`
New Delhi: Expelled JD-U MP from Gopalganj Purnamasi Ram on Wednesday joined Congress slamming the "Hitler- style" functioning of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and is likely to get a Lok Sabha ticket from Valmikinagar.
AICC general secretary Janardan Dwivedi told reporters that Congress president Sonia Gandhi has inducted Ram into the party.
"We welcome him and he will get full respect as per the Congress tradition," Dwivedi said.
Ram said he left JD-U because of "Hitler-style" functioning of Nitish Kumar and predicted that the party will not win more than four to five of the total 40 seats in the state. He said he has joined Congress to check communal forces in Bihar.
Ram was among the four Lok Sabha members expelled for anti-party activities by the JD-U leadership last month. They included Captain Jainarain Nishad (from Muzaffarpur), Sushil Kumar Singh (Aurangabad) and Mangani Lal Mandal (Jhanjharpur).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender