Expelled JD-U MP Ram joins Cong, calls Nitish`s functioning `Hitler-style`
New Delhi: Expelled JD-U MP from Gopalganj Purnamasi Ram on Wednesday joined Congress slamming the "Hitler- style" functioning of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and is likely to get a Lok Sabha ticket from Valmikinagar.
AICC general secretary Janardan Dwivedi told reporters that Congress president Sonia Gandhi has inducted Ram into the party.
"We welcome him and he will get full respect as per the Congress tradition," Dwivedi said.
Ram said he left JD-U because of "Hitler-style" functioning of Nitish Kumar and predicted that the party will not win more than four to five of the total 40 seats in the state. He said he has joined Congress to check communal forces in Bihar.
Ram was among the four Lok Sabha members expelled for anti-party activities by the JD-U leadership last month. They included Captain Jainarain Nishad (from Muzaffarpur), Sushil Kumar Singh (Aurangabad) and Mangani Lal Mandal (Jhanjharpur).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh