Explore way for right to recall lawmakers: Nitish
Patna: Supporting Team Anna`s demand for the
right to recall of lawmakers, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish
Kumar on Monday suggested exploring constitutional amendments for
"Right to recall is a product of JP movement... though it
is difficult at present, let all possible ways be explored
constitutionally by way of amendments to the constitution for
this," Kumar told reporters here.
Stating that "we are always with the demand of right to
recall the lawmakers," Kumar said if there is even a little
bit of scope, a legislation can be brought for the purpose.
In reply to another question, Kumar said it had now
become necessary for expanding the purview of the Right to
Information Act and strengthening its provisions.
"There is also need for wider publicity and propaganda
about the act," he said adding the `Jaankari` initiative
launched by the state government in Bihar was a successful
step in this direction.
Even public sectors, private public sector partnership
and corporate sectors details should be brought within the
ambit of the RTI, the chief minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police