Explosive materials seized in Nawada after Maoist encounter
Nawada: Security forces on Tuesday recovered a large quantity of explosive materials following an encounter with Maoists in Mahuar forest in Bihar`s Nawada district, police said.
The encounter between the Maoists and the security forces went on for an hour during which several rounds were fired, the SP said, adding that there was however no casualty on either side.
The explosive materials included fuse wire and rods used for processing landmines and IEDs, iron rods, etc, the Superintendent of Police (SP) Manavjit Singh Dhillon said.
A bomb disposal squad has been sent from the district headquarters to find out the details of the explosive materials seized from Mahuar forests left behind by the Maoists, he said.
Dhillon said the district police was tipped off about the entry of about 300 armed Maoists from Giridih and Jamui regions into Nawada three days ago where they had put up posters warning the local people against casting their votes in the General Elections.
Polls will be held in Nawada in the first phase on April 10.
In view of the stepped-up Maoists activities in Nawada district in the recent days, elaborate measures have been taken to ensure a free and fair polls and declared as many as 144 polling booths as sensitive and deployed paramilitary forces at all these places, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!