Explosives recovered from Maoists` hideout
Jamui/Munger: The security forces have seized huge quantity of explosives from a Maoist hideout in a forest in Bihar`s Jamui district, a police officer said Wednesday.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of Jamui police and the CRPF`s CoBRA unit raided Charkhapathar area in Bhelwaghati forest last night and seized about 100 kg Ammonium Nitrate contained in three sacks, nine LPG cylinders, two Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), two packet power gels, besides food materials, DIG (Munger Range), Sidhanshu Kumar said.
The Maoists managed to escape by taking advantage of darkness during the search carried out by the security forces, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress