Explosives recovered from Maoists` hideout
Jamui/Munger: The security forces have seized huge quantity of explosives from a Maoist hideout in a forest in Bihar`s Jamui district, a police officer said Wednesday.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of Jamui police and the CRPF`s CoBRA unit raided Charkhapathar area in Bhelwaghati forest last night and seized about 100 kg Ammonium Nitrate contained in three sacks, nine LPG cylinders, two Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), two packet power gels, besides food materials, DIG (Munger Range), Sidhanshu Kumar said.
The Maoists managed to escape by taking advantage of darkness during the search carried out by the security forces, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 9: AB de Villiers recalls 'the gamble' that paid off vs Gujarat Lions during 79-run knock
- Good news! Students can fly cheap on GoAir; carry up to 25 kg of baggage!
- 'Sultan' is Salman Khan's best performance: Randeep Hooda
- Was intimidated by Amit Trivedi: 'Baby Doll' singer Kanika Kapoor
- Summer skincare: Pamper your skin with these natural ingredients!