Explosives recovered from Maoists` hideout
Jamui/Munger: The security forces have seized huge quantity of explosives from a Maoist hideout in a forest in Bihar`s Jamui district, a police officer said Wednesday.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of Jamui police and the CRPF`s CoBRA unit raided Charkhapathar area in Bhelwaghati forest last night and seized about 100 kg Ammonium Nitrate contained in three sacks, nine LPG cylinders, two Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), two packet power gels, besides food materials, DIG (Munger Range), Sidhanshu Kumar said.
The Maoists managed to escape by taking advantage of darkness during the search carried out by the security forces, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?