Explosives recovered in Koderma
Ranchi: A huge cache of detonators, gelatin sticks and fuse wire were on Saturday recovered from Koderma, the 160 km away from here, and three persons arrested, police said.
A total of 5,450 detonators, 390 gelatin sticks and 15 bundles of fuse wire recovered from two spots and two persons were arrested in this connection, Koderma Superintendent of Police Hemant Toppo told.
"Two persons carrying 100 detonators and 40 gelatin sticks on their bicycles were arrested near Belatand forest under Jhumri Tilaiya police station," Toppo said.
On their interrogation, a house was raided where the rest of the explosives were seized.
The houseowner, identified as Anil Modi, was also arrested, the SP said.
"It doesn`t appear that the explosives were hidden for Maoists. Illegal crushers are rampant in the district and they are meant for that," the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Scientists reconstruct detailed 3D eyes from single photo
- Santander pips BBVA: Eurozone`s largest bank becomes La Liga's newest sponsors
- US sanctions target Assad regime's arms, finance networks
- Bastille Day killer had help preparing Nice attack, says Paris prosecutor
- Another milestone for captain marvellous: Virat Kohli completes 3000 Test runs