Fast against Forbesganj police firing
Patna: Several Congress activists on Saturday observed a day-long fast here to demand either a judicial probe or a CBI inquiry into Forbesganj firing in Araria
district within six months.
Partymen led by former MP Ranjit Ranjan and state youth Congress chief Lalan Kumar held a demonstration at Kargil Chowk here where they also undertook the fast.
Talking to reporters at the site, Ranjan and Kumar demanded that the state government ensure execution of guilty policemen and officials responsible for the firing through speedy trial and arrest BJP MLC Ashok Agarwal after
registering a case against him.
"We want a judicial probe or an inquiry by CBI within a stipulated period of six months, besides registration of criminal cases against the local administration and
The state government should also dismiss all the officials and policemen involved in the incident, they said.
Ranjan said the state government must ensure payment of compensation of rupees ten lakh to bereaved families of each of the deceased.
Four persons were killed and 30 others, including 25 policemen, injured in police firing and clash between policemen and locals who had indulged in heavy stone-throwing and arson in the industrial Area at Forbesganj in Araria district on June 3 last.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had already order a judicial probe into the incident.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net 10th HS Results 2016 Chhattisgarh CG Board, CGBSE today at 10 AM
- Pakistani Sikhs open temple after 73 years, risking attacks
- 20 killed in Syria regime strike on Aleppo
- Donald Trump vows `America first` foreign policy
- Salah Abdeslam slapped with terror charges over Paris attacks