Fast track courts for SC/ST cases
Patna: Bihar government was considering a proposal for setting up fast-track courts for quick disposal of cases involving Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes,
state Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes Welfare Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi on Thursday said.
"The state government is seriously considering a proposal for setting up fast track courts for speedy trial of cases involving Scheduled castes and scheduled tribes",
Manjhi told a workshop organised by Criminal Investigation Department`s Complaint Redressal Cell.
"Such courts will be set up and made operational in the near future", he said.
Pointing out that Bihar had poor conviction rate in cases involving scheduled castes and scheduled tribes, Majhi said even a team of National SC/ST Commission
headed by Buta Singh had during its recent visit sought to know the reasons behind the poor conviction rate.
Director General of Police Neelmani, speaking on the occasion, claimed that there had been significant decline in the cases involving SC/ST from 5000 two year back to 2500 at present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt