Fasting Bihar law student serious, others slam Nitish
Patna: One of the fasting law students of a university demanding placements is battling for life in the intensive care unit (ICU) of a hospital but Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has no time to look into their case, students said on Thursday.
"About a dozen students of Chanakya National Law University (CNLU) have undertaken indefinite fast since Monday demanding immediate placement," said Sushant Kumar, a striking student.
"But neither Nitish Kumar nor Bihar`s Human Resource Development Minister PK Sahi have shown any interest in us," he added.
Another striking student, Paritosh Lall, said the indefinite fast continued for the fourth day Thursday but nothing is bothering the state government.
"We are not asking for the moon. With no trace of placement for us, our future is at stake, but neither the university authorities nor the state government are bothered," he told a news agency.
He said Vijay Kumar, a fifth year student of the CNLU, has been battling for his life in the ICU of a private hospital here after his condition deteriorated Wednesday.
Striking students sitting on fast with placards that read "we want placement, we want to meet chief minister" and "Investment Rs 100 crore, result 80 unemployed", are not in a mood to give up their Gandhian mode of fight.
Some of them also raised slogans, demanding resignation of the university`s vice chancellor and registrar.
The striking students said they took this extreme step after meeting the Chief Minister in his Janata Darbar April 11 when they put their demand before him.
An angry striking student said none but the chief minister was responsible for spoiling their career as there is hardly any faculty nor any other facility in the university, considered to be the brainchild of Nitish Kumar himself.
However, CNLU vice chancellor A Lakshminath said all law universities face placement problems during their first few years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says