Father-in-law’s hand chopped off over sexual assault attempt
Patna: Enraged over repeated attempts by their father-in-law to sexually assault them, two women in a Bihar village chopped off the man`s hands to teach him a lesson he would never forget.
"The hands of Radheyshyam Singh, a resident of Bhanas village under Dinara block in Rohtas district, were chopped off by his daughters-in-law after he attempted to molest them," Deputy Superintendent of Police Krishna Kumar Singh said on Sunday.
Reports on Monday said that the two women were fed up with repeated attempts by Radheyshyam Singh to sexually molest them.
Two days ago, Radheyshyam Singh tried to molest one of his daughters-in-law as she was busy cutting vegetables. The woman raised an alarm, and the other daughter-in-law rushed to intervene, and also told the man to keep off. Radheyshyam then tried to molest the other daughter-in-law, police said.
"They overpowered him and chopped off both his hands with a sharp weapon (cleaver)," police said.
Radheyshyam Singh was admitted to a hospital in Varanasi after initial treatment in Rohtas, police said. Police have lodged a case in this connection on the basis of the statement of both the daughters-in-law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown