Father, son get life term for murder
Nawada: A Nawada district court Tuesday sentenced a man and his son to life imprisonment for a murder committed 10 years ago.
The fast track court (IV) judge Arun Kumar Jha also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on each of them after finding them guilty of lynching a man, Hiraman Chauhan, in Dariyapur village under Warsaliganj police station on June 26, 2002.
According to prosecution, Bhagwan Das and his son Rajaram Chauhan had beaten Hiraman Chauhan to death following a land dispute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees