Father, son get life term for murder
Nawada: A Nawada district court Tuesday sentenced a man and his son to life imprisonment for a murder committed 10 years ago.
The fast track court (IV) judge Arun Kumar Jha also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on each of them after finding them guilty of lynching a man, Hiraman Chauhan, in Dariyapur village under Warsaliganj police station on June 26, 2002.
According to prosecution, Bhagwan Das and his son Rajaram Chauhan had beaten Hiraman Chauhan to death following a land dispute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Jan Dhan accounts “very vulnerable” to frauds: RBI
- Vijay Mallya PMLA case: ED to invoke India-UK MLAT for extradition
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 1: RCB vs GL - Squads, date, time, venue, TV listing, live streaming
- BJP govt cannot turn a blind eye to illegal immigration in Assam: RSS
- CBSE announces results of Central Teacher Eligibility Test