FDI in multi-brand retail to benefit only capitalist: CPI
Patna: Lambasting UPA for allowing FDI in multi-brand retail, CPI MP Gurudas Dasgupta Tuesday said the decision will help only capitalists and not the farmers and consumers in the country.
The UPA government headed by Manmohan Singh has allowed FDI in multi-brand retail to enable capitalists reap profit from investment in the sector and not to benefit the farmers and consumers as was being claimed by the protagonists of the reform process, Dasgupta said at the party`s state executive meeting.
He also assailed the UPA government`s decisions like diesel price hike, rationing of subsidised LPG cylinders and said that the decisions were `anti-people` and `pro-capitalist` against which his party will launch agitation next month.
Dasgupta also attacked Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for wooing capitalists for the state`s industrial development and said the NDA government was no different from the UPA government at the Centre as both have been `equally insensitive` to the plight of the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31