`FDI in retail will generate massive unemployment`
Patna: Senior BJP leader Uma Bharti Saturday held that FDI in multi-brand would render crores unemployed once foreign retailers set up shop in the country.
She said contrary to the Prime Minister`s assertion, seven crore people, mostly traders, would become jobless and as also another 20 crore employed in the retail business.
The senior BJP leader, who is on a `Ganga Samagra Yatra` to create awareness on the cleanliness of the river Ganga, said that corruption and vote bank politics posed a threat to the country at present.
She said that in her opinion a person who respected all religions should be deemed secular and the secular fabric in the country was largely strengthened by the liberal thoughts of Hinduism.
About her ongoing mission, Bharati said that she was for enactment of a stringent law to crack down on those polluting the holy river and that the National Ganga River Basin Authority (NGRBA) had failed in its duty to ensure its cleanliness.
She said that the Centre should not construct dams within a 30 km radius on the river`s course at Gangotri, Mandakini and Alaknanda so that the free flow of the river water was not disrupted.
Bharti said that she would organize a conference of scientists at New Delhi to ascertain their views for protection of the river.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users