Fifty-year-old held for rape of six-year-old girl
Patna: A 50-year-old man was arrested on Thursday in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district for allegedly raping a six-year-old girl. The incident triggered angry protests in the area, a police official said.
"Police arrested Qamrul Hoda, a vehicle mechanic, on suspicion of raping the child. He had been absconding after he raped the child in a village under Motipur police station in Muzaffarpur Wednesday evening," district police official Anoj Kumar said.
Kumar said Hoda found the girl playing near his shop, and attacked her.
"The victim told her mother about the incident," the police officer said.
According to police, the child was admitted to a hospital, crying in pain, as she was grievously injured in the sexual assault, the police official said.
The victim`s parents run a roadside tea shop.
In another rape case, police arrested a youth, Raju Rishideo, who allegedly sexually assaulted a nine-year-old girl in a village under Alamganj block in Madhepura district.
In the last four days, at least half a dozen cases of rape and gang-rape have been reported in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?