Fifty-year-old held for rape of six-year-old girl
Patna: A 50-year-old man was arrested on Thursday in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district for allegedly raping a six-year-old girl. The incident triggered angry protests in the area, a police official said.
"Police arrested Qamrul Hoda, a vehicle mechanic, on suspicion of raping the child. He had been absconding after he raped the child in a village under Motipur police station in Muzaffarpur Wednesday evening," district police official Anoj Kumar said.
Kumar said Hoda found the girl playing near his shop, and attacked her.
"The victim told her mother about the incident," the police officer said.
According to police, the child was admitted to a hospital, crying in pain, as she was grievously injured in the sexual assault, the police official said.
The victim`s parents run a roadside tea shop.
In another rape case, police arrested a youth, Raju Rishideo, who allegedly sexually assaulted a nine-year-old girl in a village under Alamganj block in Madhepura district.
In the last four days, at least half a dozen cases of rape and gang-rape have been reported in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Aussie legend Craig McDermott hails Ishant Sharma as a real workhorse
- Spain seeks `urgent` answers from London after nuclear sub collision
- Tinder rolls out its new feature in India
- Transgenders to soon be categorised as 'third gender', can change gender after sex-change surgery
- 'Don't abandon search', MH370 families plead