Fight between ideologies of Mahatma, Modi in 2014 polls: Tariq
Patna: Describing the coming Parliamentary elections as a fight between the ideologies of Mahatama Gandhi and Narendra Modi, the NCP on Tuesday asked all secular parties to come on one platform to defeat communal forces.
"The coming Parliamentary elections is indeed a fight between ideology of father of the nation and a divisive leader like Narendra Modi, nominated as Prime Ministerial candidate by BJP...People have to choose between the two principles," NCP General Secretary Tariq Anwar said while addressing a function of party`s youth wing here.
He attacked BJP for nominating a "divisive" leader like Narendra Modi as its Prime Ministerial candidate and claimed the party was still making efforts to acquire visa for him to visit the US and other European countries.
"What is his image the world over? The US and European countries are not allowing him to visit their nation," he said.
Anwar, who is Minister of State for Agriculture, also made a reference Modi`s role in the 2002 Gujarat riots.
The NCP general secretary said secular forces in the country should come on one platform to defeat communal forces represented by BJP and RSS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him