Fight between ideologies of Mahatma, Modi in 2014 polls: Tariq
Patna: Describing the coming Parliamentary elections as a fight between the ideologies of Mahatama Gandhi and Narendra Modi, the NCP on Tuesday asked all secular parties to come on one platform to defeat communal forces.
"The coming Parliamentary elections is indeed a fight between ideology of father of the nation and a divisive leader like Narendra Modi, nominated as Prime Ministerial candidate by BJP...People have to choose between the two principles," NCP General Secretary Tariq Anwar said while addressing a function of party`s youth wing here.
He attacked BJP for nominating a "divisive" leader like Narendra Modi as its Prime Ministerial candidate and claimed the party was still making efforts to acquire visa for him to visit the US and other European countries.
"What is his image the world over? The US and European countries are not allowing him to visit their nation," he said.
Anwar, who is Minister of State for Agriculture, also made a reference Modi`s role in the 2002 Gujarat riots.
The NCP general secretary said secular forces in the country should come on one platform to defeat communal forces represented by BJP and RSS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you