‘Fight for special state category will continue’
Patna: The demand for granting special
state category status to Bihar had now become the common
people`s demand and the `fight` for it would continue till the
Centre conceded it, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday said.
"We are happy to learn that the Prime Minister has
agreed to discuss the issue at the next National Development
Council meeting ... We also know that whatever the PM will say
at the NDC meeting it will be against the demand," he told
He, however, thanked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for
giving an appointment to JD(U) delegation in New Delhi
recently but said if the PM had so desired he would have
accepted the demand then.
Kumar said if required people would be asked to come
here to manifest their support to the demand.
"We are happy that we have been able to obtain
signatures from more than one crore people in support of the
special category demand for which the state fulfills all the
conditions," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch