‘Fight for special state category will continue’
Patna: The demand for granting special
state category status to Bihar had now become the common
people`s demand and the `fight` for it would continue till the
Centre conceded it, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday said.
"We are happy to learn that the Prime Minister has
agreed to discuss the issue at the next National Development
Council meeting ... We also know that whatever the PM will say
at the NDC meeting it will be against the demand," he told
He, however, thanked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for
giving an appointment to JD(U) delegation in New Delhi
recently but said if the PM had so desired he would have
accepted the demand then.
Kumar said if required people would be asked to come
here to manifest their support to the demand.
"We are happy that we have been able to obtain
signatures from more than one crore people in support of the
special category demand for which the state fulfills all the
conditions," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!