‘Fight for special state category will continue’
Patna: The demand for granting special
state category status to Bihar had now become the common
people`s demand and the `fight` for it would continue till the
Centre conceded it, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday said.
"We are happy to learn that the Prime Minister has
agreed to discuss the issue at the next National Development
Council meeting ... We also know that whatever the PM will say
at the NDC meeting it will be against the demand," he told
He, however, thanked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for
giving an appointment to JD(U) delegation in New Delhi
recently but said if the PM had so desired he would have
accepted the demand then.
Kumar said if required people would be asked to come
here to manifest their support to the demand.
"We are happy that we have been able to obtain
signatures from more than one crore people in support of the
special category demand for which the state fulfills all the
conditions," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply