‘Fight for special state category will continue’
Patna: The demand for granting special
state category status to Bihar had now become the common
people`s demand and the `fight` for it would continue till the
Centre conceded it, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Friday said.
"We are happy to learn that the Prime Minister has
agreed to discuss the issue at the next National Development
Council meeting ... We also know that whatever the PM will say
at the NDC meeting it will be against the demand," he told
He, however, thanked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for
giving an appointment to JD(U) delegation in New Delhi
recently but said if the PM had so desired he would have
accepted the demand then.
Kumar said if required people would be asked to come
here to manifest their support to the demand.
"We are happy that we have been able to obtain
signatures from more than one crore people in support of the
special category demand for which the state fulfills all the
conditions," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray