FIR against 12 Bihar officials on corruption charg
Patna: The Vigilance Bureau has lodged an FIR against 12 officials on charges of corruption and criminal conspiracy for illegal allotment of 182.07 acre to 44 persons in Kishanganj district of Bihar.
Vigilance Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Ashwani Kumar lodged the FIR on June 25 last against the then Kishanganj district collectors Radheshayam Bihari Singh and Subodh Nath Thakur among 12 officials for allotment of 182.07 acre government and public land on a lease of 90 years to 44 persons for tea plantation in Pothia and Thakurganj circles.
Besides Singh and Thakur, the then Circle Officers (COs) of Pothia circle Raghunandan Jha and Fateh Fayyad, Thakurganj circle`s COs Poonam Kumari Jha and Md. Maqsood Alam, DCLRs Ramesh Mishra and Rahbare Islam, Sub-Divisional Officers (SDOs) Pramod Kumar Singh and Madan Mohan Dev; Additional Collectors Ram Niwas Pandey and Bangali Ram and other unknown persons have been named as accused.
The officials have been charged under various sections of the Prevention of Corruption Act including section 409 (criminal breach of trust by public servant) and 120B (criminal conspiracy).
The matter was put up before vigilance judge R N Singh yesterday for necessary action in this connection, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?