FIR against 12 Bihar officials on corruption charg
Patna: The Vigilance Bureau has lodged an FIR against 12 officials on charges of corruption and criminal conspiracy for illegal allotment of 182.07 acre to 44 persons in Kishanganj district of Bihar.
Vigilance Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Ashwani Kumar lodged the FIR on June 25 last against the then Kishanganj district collectors Radheshayam Bihari Singh and Subodh Nath Thakur among 12 officials for allotment of 182.07 acre government and public land on a lease of 90 years to 44 persons for tea plantation in Pothia and Thakurganj circles.
Besides Singh and Thakur, the then Circle Officers (COs) of Pothia circle Raghunandan Jha and Fateh Fayyad, Thakurganj circle`s COs Poonam Kumari Jha and Md. Maqsood Alam, DCLRs Ramesh Mishra and Rahbare Islam, Sub-Divisional Officers (SDOs) Pramod Kumar Singh and Madan Mohan Dev; Additional Collectors Ram Niwas Pandey and Bangali Ram and other unknown persons have been named as accused.
The officials have been charged under various sections of the Prevention of Corruption Act including section 409 (criminal breach of trust by public servant) and 120B (criminal conspiracy).
The matter was put up before vigilance judge R N Singh yesterday for necessary action in this connection, Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'