FIR against IM cadre Monu, Ali for Patna, Bodh Gaya blasts
Patna: An FIR has been registered by the Bihar police against two Indian Mujahideen operatives Tahseen Akhtar and Haider Ali, besides some unnamed persons in connection with the serial bomb blasts at Patna and Bodh Gaya and illegal transaction of money having links with Pakistan.
The FIR was lodged at Gandhi Maidan police station yesterday, Station House Officer (SHO) Raj Bindu Prasad said today.
The present FIR is in addition to two other FIRs registered in connection with the multiple explosions during the rally of BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi with Gandhi Maidan police station and GRP Patna.
Tahseen Akhtar, alias Monu, considered to be the "mastermind" of both the Patna blasts on October 27 and Bodh Gaya blast on July 7 and Ali were absconding.
Yesterday`s FIR was lodged after revelation of transaction of huge amount of money having Pakistan-links which was recently busted in Lakhisarai district, the police said.
A property attachment notice has been issued against Monu at his parental home at Maniyari in Samastipur district.
Ali, who hails from Madanpur in Aurangabad district, is also a top level IM operative.
On alert from NIA, the Bihar police recently busted a racket involved in illegal transaction of money having Pakistan link at Lakhisarai.
Four persons from Lakhisarai were been arrested in this connection along with a woman Ayesha Banu, the "kingpin" of the money transaction racket and her husband Zubair Hussain from Mangalore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India