FIR against IM cadre Monu, Ali for Patna, Bodh Gaya blasts
Patna: An FIR has been registered by the Bihar police against two Indian Mujahideen operatives Tahseen Akhtar and Haider Ali, besides some unnamed persons in connection with the serial bomb blasts at Patna and Bodh Gaya and illegal transaction of money having links with Pakistan.
The FIR was lodged at Gandhi Maidan police station yesterday, Station House Officer (SHO) Raj Bindu Prasad said today.
The present FIR is in addition to two other FIRs registered in connection with the multiple explosions during the rally of BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi with Gandhi Maidan police station and GRP Patna.
Tahseen Akhtar, alias Monu, considered to be the "mastermind" of both the Patna blasts on October 27 and Bodh Gaya blast on July 7 and Ali were absconding.
Yesterday`s FIR was lodged after revelation of transaction of huge amount of money having Pakistan-links which was recently busted in Lakhisarai district, the police said.
A property attachment notice has been issued against Monu at his parental home at Maniyari in Samastipur district.
Ali, who hails from Madanpur in Aurangabad district, is also a top level IM operative.
On alert from NIA, the Bihar police recently busted a racket involved in illegal transaction of money having Pakistan link at Lakhisarai.
Four persons from Lakhisarai were been arrested in this connection along with a woman Ayesha Banu, the "kingpin" of the money transaction racket and her husband Zubair Hussain from Mangalore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!